Monday 3 February 2014

2014 so far...

We’re already in February which means I’m already a year older. Where does the time go?!

In terms of my own projects, I’ve spent a lot of time so far this year finishing off the TRACES album. Stay tuned for a release date very soon, both on digital download and CD.

In addition to being a very personal project, this album also feels like my strongest work to date and in many ways, the album I’ve been working towards for a long time. Fingers crossed any regular listeners to my music will agree!

I’m still undecided about LonCon3, but I have to admit, I’m unlikely to be going for a number of reasons that I won’t bore you with here! I will however be going to Novacon 44, and I’ll be on the lookout for any other exhibiting opportunities throughout the year. This leads me on to artwork – despite all my best intentions over the Christmas period, I spent all my time working on Traces, so I’m looking forward to working on some long overdue new artwork very soon!

It's also high time I started sending new portfolio samples off to publishers. Above all I'd love to see one of my paintings feature on a book cover.

Meanwhile, momentum continues to grow with the Institute for Interstellar Studies, fas they prepare to launch a new website very soon.

Books. Lovely, printed, real proper books! I’ve recently read THE EXTREMES by Christopher Priest – as with all Priest’s work, this was an absolutely brilliant and gripping read. Unsettling, disturbing and unpredictable. I also read Graham Joyce’s THE SILENT LAND, which was a moving and haunting read. As I write this, I’m in the early stages of reading Orwell’s 1984, which despite being a big fan of Michael Radford’s film version with John Hurt and Richard Burton, I’d never actually read the thing!

Finally, Luke A Smith has given my last album, BEYOND THE BOUNDARY a very nice review, over on his blog. I had a good chat with Luke at last year’s Novacon and was genuinely thrilled when he won several of my pieces of artwork at the auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment